Lake County officials are offering free sandbags to residents in preparation for Tropical Storm Idalia, which is projected to hit the county later this week.
On Monday, the Lake county Office of Emergency Management announced that sandbags became available beginning at 11 a.m. at multiple locations across the area.
The complete list of locations with sandbags is as follows:
- PEAR Gateway Park – 26701 US Hwy 27, Leesburg
- East Lake Sports and Community Complex – 24809 Wallick Road, Sorrento
- North Lake Regional Park – 40730 Roger Giles Road, Umatilla
- Astor Fire Station 10 – 23023 State Road 40, Astor
- Minneola Athletic Complex – 1300 Fosgate Road, Minneola
- Four Corners Fire Station 12 – 16240 CR 474, Clermont
- Hickory Point Recreation Complex – 27315 SR 19, Tavares
Sand and bags will be available, but residents are encouraged to bring their own shovels and will be required to fill their own bags.
For more information on the county’s preparations for the storm, visit the Lake County Office of Emergency Management website.