78.6 F
Thursday, October 7, 2021

Vic’s Embers catering in Leesburg shut down due to roaches

Vic’s Embers catering in Leesburg was shut down last week after a health inspector found roaches in the kitchen.

The inspector visited the catering company, named after the Vic’s Embers Supper Club, on Aug. 17 and ordered its closure after finding the roaches, both dead and alive, according to a report on file with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.

There were a total of 17 dead roaches, including behind the oven, under the dish machine and near a sink. There were also 10 live roaches in the food preparation area.

In addition, a dish machine did not have the proper amount of ammonium sanitizer. 

There was also a black/green mold-like substance in the interior of an ice machine.

A followup inspection occurred later in the day, and the operation was able to resume.

A fire at the Vic’s Embers restaurant in 2013 brought about the end of dining there.

Most Popular

More articles

Kerry Ann Coyle

Kerry and her husband relocated to The Villages in 2014. While she loved the lifestyle and meeting new friends, she and her husband also relished being homebodies after spending so many years shuttling travel duties between them while raising a family at the same time.

Eustis police bust Leesburg man on weapon and drug violations

A 21-year-old Leesburg man was arrested with a gun and drugs after a traffic stop in Eustis.

Subscribe Today

Follow Us